The Non Network Information section contains relevant data for your organization but not only about your network
Information about your Companies Locations
- Overview of all locations your organization manages
- manager, IT Infrastructure
- manager, non-IT Infrastructure (e.g., HVAC, hallways, offices, etc.)
- manager, other (with contact name and phone numbers)
- Front Door (visitor access which may differ from “Ship To”)
- Ship To (which may differ from “front door”)
- driving directions
- pictures (i.e., floor plans)
Information about your Vendors
- List of all contractors who work on your network
- List of all vendors you purchase equipment from
- List of all service contracts (and/or warranty fulfillment)
Information on Authorization –
- Identifying who can authorize purchases and contains the Organization purchase protocol
Information about Resources (online) and Account Management
- Track all the URL, user names and passwords for the web resources you utilize.
Network Documentation overview – Help the person looking for information find it fast!
- Outline the framework you are utilizing
- Hints to help find information fast
Network Purpose Statement
- Identify why the organization has a network and what its primary functions and responsibilities are.
- This may also include what the network is NOT.